This recipe tosses cube-sized eggplant pieces in a delicious marinade made with burnt garlic, sesame oil, soy sauce, and scallions. Tender, protein-rich, and oh so very flavorful, this eggplant is a tasty addition to a variety of dishes. Serve it over a bed of brown rice, add it to a stir-fry, or serve with microgreens for a light, healthy dinner.
Burnt Garlic Eggplant [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup sliced garlic, fresh
- 3 cups sliced Chinese eggplant
- 1/2 cup scallions
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- Salt, to taste (optional)
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds, for garnish
- Heat oil in a wok and add garlic. Let it cook on a low flame until golden and crispy.
- Add eggplant to it and stir. Cook covered until eggplant is light golden and soft.
- Add rest of the ingredients and cook uncovered for 3-4 minutes.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve warm.