These pancakes are gluten-free and vegan, but they still have that fluffy pancake texture. This recipe is perfect to whip up for Sunday morning brunch, or even make a batch and keep it to eat for the week!
Buckwheat-Oat Pancakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 cup oat flour or other gluten-free flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour or other gluten-free flour
- 1-2 tablespoons vegan sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon optional
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- *3/4 cup plant-based milk
- Whisk together all ingredients in a mixing bowl until combined. You may need a bit less milk -- adjust as needed!
- Spoon a few tablespoons of batter onto a greased frying pan on medium heat. When bubbles appear on the first side, flip and cook until both sides are golden brown. .
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Once pancakes are done, serve with toppings of choice and enjoy!
Add more liquid as needed, as the buckwheat flour made the mixture quite thick and sticky. If using a different type of flour, start with 1/2 cup milk and add more as needed.