What a simple and delicious recipe! These brownies are a breeze to make and amazing to eat. For the caramel, you simply gather the ingredients in a pan, and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once the ingredients boil and melt together, you can pour your caramel over your tasty brownies. You must try!
Brownies with Caramel Sauce [Vegan]
For the Vegan Brownies
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chopped
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup cashew butter or any nut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons flax seeds
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chopped or chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Brazil nuts or any nuts (optional)
For the Vegan Caramel Sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons cashew butter or any nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Start by mixing the flax seeds with the water. Set aside for 15 minutes for mixture to thicken.
- Now mix the almond flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, coconut sugar, espresso powder, and fine sea salt, in a bowl together. Use a whisk to help incorporate all the ingredients very well.
- In another bowl, add 3/4 cup chopped chocolate and coconut oil. Place on top of a pan of simmering water. Whisk until chocolate is melted and incorporated with coconut oil. Add cashew butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour chocolate mixture over dry ingredients. Add flax seeds mixture to the bowl also.
- Mix with a spatula until incorporated. Add remaining 1/2 cup chopped chocolate and nuts. Mix until combined.
- If using a 8x8” cake pan, line it with parchment paper. I used a mini brownie pan, and my pan is awesome and doesn’t require to be greased. If you are using a silicon pan, you probably won’t need to grease that either.
- Pour batter over whatever chosen pan. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-20 minutes, depending on what size pan you chose.
Vegan Caramel Sauce
- Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil while whisking constantly. Keep whisking mixture until smooth. Take it off the heat and let it cool down for just a few seconds. Then pour mixture. It will start to set pretty quickly, so you have to pour right after you turn the heat off. Otherwise, it will have more of a spreadable consistency.