This simple stir-fry with broccolini and Shiitake mushrooms is so easy to make and so flavorful! Tossed in a spicy sesame chili soy sauce for a flavorful kick, it is perfect as a side dish or a main meal; just add rice, noodles, or your favorite grains. The broccolini is tender, but still retains some bite, the mushrooms are meaty, and it's all tossed in a spicy Sriracha soy sauce. Yum!
Broccolini and Shiitake Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Broccolini and Shiitake Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari, to make it gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha or hot chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, finely grated
For the Stir-Fry:
- 2 bunches broccolini trimmed, about 12 ounces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups Shiitake mushrooms stems trimmed, cut in half
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper 1/4-inch dice
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons green onions, sliced on a bias
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
How to Prepare Broccolini and Shiitake Stir-Fry [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan with salted boiling water, blanch the broccolini until bright green and tender, about 2 minutes.
- Drain, wash with cool water to stop the cooking process, and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high heat in a wok or large sauté pan. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3 minutes or until tender. Add the red bell pepper to the pan and sauté for 1 minute. Add the cooked broccolini, and cook for one minute. Reduce the heat to low and add the sauce, toss the vegetables and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Transfer vegetables to a dish. Pour some of the sauce over the top and garnish with green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Calories: 100 | Fat: 7 grams | Sodium: 952 miligrams | Protein: 2 gramsNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.