Similar to cauliflower "wings," but a little more flavorful, these crispy broccoli wings will be the star appetizer of any party. Broccoli florets are coated in a gluten-free batter and then baked to crispy perfection. Leave them plain, or toss them in any kind of sauce you like.
Broccoli ‘Wings’ [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 12-ounce bag broccoli florets
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup water, filtered
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Pink salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Sauce of choice, such as barbecue sauce or Buffalo sauce, for coating
- Start by prepping your broccoli. Wash, dry, and cut into bite-size pieces.
- Measure and whisk together all your batter ingredients, it should be similar to pancake batter in consistency.
- Preheat your oven to 445°F.
- Dip each floret in the batter and let the excess run off by tapping the side of your bowl. Lay flat on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat until everything is coated.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through if desired.
- Remove from the oven and toss in sauce of choice.
- Once coated, transfer back to your baking sheet and continue at 445°F for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce of choice.
Adapted From Hot For Food's Buffalo cauliflower wings.