This salad is a great way to add some variety into your lunch or dinner routine - simple and delicious! Toss the pasta with a splash of olive oil after cooking so it won’t stick together, toss together all other ingredients, including your sauce and it's the perfect lunch on the go!
Broccoli and Olive Orzo Salad with Red Wine Vinaigrette [Vegan]
- 8 oz whole wheat orzo pasta
- 5 cups broccoli (florets and diced stem pieces)
- 15 oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup each: olive oil and red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each: salt and pepper (or to taste)
- Cook orzo according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, microwave broccoli until it turns bright green, but is still crunchy. A high powered microwave will only take about 1 minute.
- Mix cooked orzo, red onion, black olives, and minced garlic into the broccoli.
- Whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, Dijon, salt, and pepper. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Make this recipe gluten free by swapping quinoa for pasta!