Just when you thought breakfast couldn’t get any better, we present to you our Vegan Breakfast Nachos! These babies are oil-free, loaded with some amazing plant ingredients and guess what? You can eat as much as you’d like as these are good for ya, and won’t have you feeling like garbage after. Have these for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Breakfast Nachos With Tofu Scramble and Tempeh Bacon [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Oil-Free Tortilla Chips:
- 8 corn tortillas, gluten-free if needed
For the Tofu Scramble:
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup potatoes, diced small (about 1 medium potato)
- 1 8-ounce block firm tofu, pressed
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili
For the Toppings:
To Make the Oil-Free Tortilla Chips:
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the tortillas into fourths and arrange onto baking sheet. Place into the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until crispy.
To Make the Tofu Scramble:
- Add the garlic, onion and bell pepper into a non stick pan over medium heat. Add in 1/4 cup water and sauté until fragrant and onion translucent, about 4 minutes. Add more water if necessary.
- Add in the potatoes plus another 1/2 cup water and mix through. Cover and allow it to steam over medium for about 10 minutes.
- Crumble in the tofu and add in the remaining ingredients. Mix until uniform, then cover for another 5-8 minutes, adding about 1/4 cup more water as necessary to prevent burning.
- Set aside to cool.
- Water down the cream cheese in a squeeze bottle or bowl with the water.
- In a lined baking sheet, or any serving tray of choice, place the chips around the edge. Fill the middle with the tofu scramble, beans, tempeh bacon, avocado, cilantro, and a drizzle of cream cheese sauce.
The cooking time for the tortillas may vary depending on their thickness.