This recipe for Braised Cauliflower with Olives is so flavorful and delicious! Plus, it isn't too difficult to make. It will definitely impress everyone at the table!
Braised Cauliflower with Olives [Vegan]
- 2 pounds cauliflower
- 8.8 ounces onion, finely chopped
- 4.6 ounces carrot, grated
- 5 cloves garlic, melted
- 17.64 ounces tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2.5 ounces olives in slices
- 4 and 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 5 bay leaves
- fresh oregano or fennel
- salt and pepper
- Wash and cut the cauliflower into florets. Steam it until it softens to about al dente.
- Heat the 4 tablespoons oil in a wide saucepan (to have space later to spread the cauliflower and not to squeeze it) and saute the onion, carrot, oregano, and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Deglaze with the wine. When it evaporates, add the juice and the tomato paste, 2/3 cup of water and the bay leaves.
- Let the sauce simmer for about 20-25 minutes. At the end, add the rest of the oil, the salt and pepper, the olives and the vinegar.
- Carefully place the cauliflower florets with a spoon pour the sauce over them and shake the pot so that the sauce spreads everywhere.
- Let it simmer over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Bon appetit!