Get your cast-iron skillet ready for something wonderful. Wild blueberries and juicy peaches are tossed together with vanilla, warm spices, bourbon, and oats, then baked in the oven until crisp and warm. This rustic fruit-and-oat crumble is easy to make and hard to share. Top it with coconut whipped cream, vegan vanilla ice cream, and a dash of cinnamon.
Bourbon Vanilla Blueberry Peach Crumble [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Bourbon Vanilla Blueberry Peach Crumble [Vegan]
- 3 peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup wild blueberries
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Seeds from 1/2 a vanilla bean (optional)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2-1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 handfuls crushed walnuts
How to Prepare Bourbon Vanilla Blueberry Peach Crumble [Vegan]
- In a medium-sized cast iron skillet, combine the sliced peaches, wild blueberries, bourbon, vanilla, vanilla bean, maple syrup, and lemon juice. Let sit for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine oats, spelt flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and coconut oil. Mix it with your hands and disperse any clumps by massaging the mixture between your fingers. Once fully combined, layer the crumble topping over the fruit in the skillet. Make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Bake the crumble for 30-35 minutes. You will know it is done when the top is golden brown and the edges are bubbling. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.