These Blueberry Muffins with Buckwheat & Millet are subtly sweet and have such a great texture. They're the perfect breakfast or snack on-the-go!
Blueberry Muffins with Buckwheat & Millet [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2.8 ounces millet, soaked
- 2.8 ounces not roasted buckwheat groats, soaked
- 1/3 cup oat or rice milk
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 5.5 ounces ripe banana
- 1/8 teaspoon of Himalayan salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 cups wild blueberries, fresh or frozen
- Soak millet and buckwheat overnight (or all day) in separate bowls. Wash and drain (you can use one sieve).
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Put all ingredients except baking powder and blueberries in a blender and blend until a smooth batter is formed. Don’t worry, it’s supposed to be fairly liquid as millet swells quite significantly.
- Now, blend in baking powder. Finally mix in (DON’T BLEND) the blueberries.
- Divide the batter between 6-8 muffin forms and bake for 33-35 minutes until the muffins are golden. Let cool covered with clean kitchen towel.