Delicious gooey and decadent vegan blueberry chia muffins loaded with nutritional goodness. Perfect for breakfast with a spoon of coconut yogurt, or as a mid morning snack with a cup of warm herbal tea. Combined with the delicate blueberry flavor of the CHIA drink and the softly baked whole blueberries, these vegan blueberry chia muffins are fantastic! They’re not light and fluffy, but moist, gooey (without seeming uncooked), and full of the most delicious flavors. They don't last long! Not only are these muffins delicious, they’re also packed with great nutrition from chia seeds and spelt to keep you energized and fueled. You will love the gooeyness of the sweet, soft cooked blueberries, and the dense flavorful filling. These vegan blueberry chia muffins will keep you coming back for more.
Blueberry Chia Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 Cup Organic Almond Meal
- 1/2 Cup Organic Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Organic Bicarbonate of Soda
- 2 teaspoons Organic Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 Large Banana - Mashed
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 tablespoons Organic Cold Pressed Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Blueberry CHIA Drink - See notes for substitute
- 3/4 Cup Frozen Blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 356°F (fan forced) and lightly grease you muffin tray with olive oil spray (or coconut oil).
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the remaining wet ingredients (all except the frozen blueberries). Mix well.
- Gently fold in the frozen blueberries until fully combined.
- Spoon the mixture equally into each muffin mold and place a few of the frozen blueberries on the top.
- Place into the oven and bake for 15 mins. Rotate the tray and turn the temperature down to 140C and bake for a further 15 mins. These muffins don't give much of a rise, but they are so delicious non the less.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool fully. Use a non scratching implement to help remove them from the tray. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Use Organic wherever possible - For he CHIA drink replacement you can leave 1 TBS of chia seeds to swell in 1/2 cup of organic blueberry juice - These muffins are dense, decadent and gooey - They don't give much of a rise and are not light and fluffy.