These Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Bars use fresh blueberries as the topping and boy are they DREAMY. This is a baked vegan cheesecake, which is pretty rare. You can usually find recipes for raw cheesecake recipes (which are still amazing) but sometimes you want a more classic version and just because you are vegan doesn’t mean you should have to miss out. The filling of this vegan blueberry cheesecake is creamy to the MAX. It’s going to be hard to stop after one square, just saying.
Blueberry Cheesecake Bars [Vegan]
What Ingredients Do You Need To Make Blueberry Cheesecake Bars [Vegan]
For the Base:
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked beforehand)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot starch/corn starch
For the Berry Topping:
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch/ corn starch
How To Make Blueberry Cheesecake Bars [Vegan]
- Soak the cashews in boiling hot water for at least 20-30 minutes or until the cashews have softened. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Prepare the base. Combine the flours and salt together and then add in the maple syrup and the coconut oil. The base should stick together but still have a crumbly texture. If it is too crumbly add another tbsp of oil. Line an 8×8 square pan with parchment paper and add the base to the bottom of the pan. Press the base evenly on the bottom and bake for 13 minutes or until slightly brown on top.
- Prepare the filling while the base is baking. Drain the water from the cashews and add all the ingredients to a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- When the base is done baking, take it out and let sit. Lower the temperature of the oven to 325ºF. Add the filling to the base and evenly spread it over the base. Tap it a few times on the counter to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 25-28 minutes, until it is only slightly jiggly in the middle. Take it out of the oven to cool.
- Prepare the berry topping. Add the blueberries, lemon juice, and maple syrup to a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Once the berries begin to soften bring to a slight boil and then simmer for 10 minutes (uncovered). Near the end of the 10-minute mark add in the arrowroot starch and whisk to thicken the mixture. Let it cool slightly, then add it to the top of the cheesecake.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours at least to set.
- Cheesecake lasts for 5 days, covered in the fridge.
- Almond Flour
- Oat Flour
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile