These bites are completely sugar free and chock-full of healthy fats and protein, which are great for calming cravings, plus magnesium- rich ingredients such as cashews, chia seeds, and cacao. To top things off, this recipe calls for a hefty dose of cinnamon, an ingredient that has blood sugar– stabilizing properties.
Blood-Sugar-Balancing Cinnamon Bites [Vegan]
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup organic oats
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or nut butter of your choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup goji berries (optional)
- Add nut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, salt, oats, and coconut oil to a food processor and blend until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in chia seeds. Refrigerate for 45 minutes, then shape into tablespoon- sized balls. Sprinkle with a few additional chia seeds or goji berries.