These bites are completely sugar free and chock-full of healthy fats and protein, which are great for calming cravings, plus magnesium- rich ingredients such as cashews, chia seeds, and cacao. To top things off, this recipe calls for a hefty dose of cinnamon, an ingredient that has blood sugar– stabilizing properties.
Blood-Sugar-Balancing Cinnamon Bites [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Blood-Sugar-Balancing Cinnamon Bites [Vegan]
- 1/2 teaspoon unsweetened vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup organic oats
- 1/3 cup cashew butter or nut butter of your choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Himalayan pink sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup goji berries (optional)
How to Prepare Blood-Sugar-Balancing Cinnamon Bites [Vegan]
- Add nut butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, ginger, salt, oats, and coconut oil to a food processor and blend until all ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in chia seeds. Refrigerate for 45 minutes, then shape into tablespoon- sized balls. Sprinkle with a few additional chia seeds or goji berries.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 223 | Carbs: 18 g | Fat: 14 g | Protein: 6 g | Sodium: 53 mg | Sugar: 1 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.