These doughnuts are a spicy/sweet combination that are moist and quite decadent. They are not overly sweet and so you can enjoy them as a dessert or have them for breakfast. The carrots and ginger pair nicely together and the addition of cinnamon and maple syrup make these doughnuts a paradise of flavor.
Blender Carrot-Ginger Baked Doughnuts [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax meal plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1/2 cup of gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 medium-ripe banana
- 1 grated carrot
- 1/4 cup of nut butter
- 1/4 cup of maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 1-inch nub of fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 375°F and spray your mini donut pan (or mini muffin pan) with coconut spray and set it aside.
- Proceed to make your flax egg and let sit for 4 minutes until thick.
- Then add that along with all of your other ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend everything on high until smooth mixture forms.
- Gently spoon the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 14-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let them cool completely.