This cocktail is perfect for summer parties. All the components can be made in advance. The lime mint sugar can be prepped a week ahead, and making the vanilla simple syrup is as easy as combining water, sugar, and a vanilla bean in a small pan. Once the party has begun and you’re ready to mix up some mojitos, you just muddle some fresh berries and mint, stir it all together, take your first sip, and set sail for paradise. Maybe just… make sure you’re sitting down first.
Blackberry Vanilla Tequila Mojito [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Blackberry Vanilla Tequila Mojito [Vegan]
For the lime mint sugar rim:
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped packed mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest (about 1 lime)
For the vanilla simple syrup:
- (makes 1 1/2 cups of vanilla simple syrup, enough for about 24 drinks)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
For each cocktail:
- 7 blackberries
- 2 large mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lime juice, about 1/2 a lime
- 1 tablespoon vanilla simple syrup
- 3 tablespoons silver or gold tequila
- 1/2 cup ginger beer
- lime mint sugar rim
- mint leaves and blackberries for garnish
How to Prepare Blackberry Vanilla Tequila Mojito [Vegan]
- In a food processor, pulse the sugar, mint, and lime zest until the mint is finely minced. Use immediately, or transfer to a container for storage at room temperature for up to a week.
- In a small saucepan combine the water and sugar. Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise, then use a small paring knife to scrape the seeds out. Place the black seeds in the pan, then whisk briefly to break up any clumps. Add the bean pods, then place over medium-high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. When the mixture just approaches a simmer, remove the pan from heat, cover, and let steep until cool. Pour through a fine mesh strainer, and place in a bottle or jar for storage. The syrup will last for up to a week in the fridge.
- Place a few tablespoons of lime mint sugar on a small plate. Rub the edge of an old-fashioned or highball glass with a cut lime, then invert the glass and rub the wet rim in the lime mint sugar, coating it evenly. Place the blackberries in the glass, then muddle them briefly. Add the 2 mint leaves and muddle them as well. Add the lime juice, vanilla syrup, and tequila, and stir. Add ice, then pour the ginger beer on top. Stir gently, then top with a mint leaf and a few blackberries. Enjoy!
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.