Cheesecake has a reputation for being notoriously hard to make. This vegan alternative changes that! Simple and straightforward, this recipe is based on nuts and dates so you can indulge and stay healthy.
Blackberry Lemon Lavender Cheezecake [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- 1 cup of dates, soaked (reserve 1 tablespoon of date-soaking water)
- a pinch of sea salt
- 1.5 cups of cashews (soaked 8+ hours)
- 1 cup of frozen blackberries the juice of a lemon + a bit of zest
- 4 tablespoon of agave
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried lavender (omit this if you can’t find any)
- a few splashes of non-dairy milk (3 tablespoons or so)
For the Crust:
- Throw the nuts into your food processor and grind until finely chopped.
- Remove your dates from the soaking water (be sure to reserve 1 tablespoon), pit them and add them to the food processor along with the tbsp of water and pinch of salt). Pulse until well combined.
- Grease a 6-inch spring form pan with a bit of coconut oil and press your date/nut mixture in firmly and evenly. Put this in the freezer while you make your filling.
For the Filling:
- Add everything except the non-dairy milk to your food processor and process adding splashes of milk until it’s smooth & creamy.
- Remove your crust from the freezer and pour this mixture evenly onto the crust. Freeze at least 4 hours to harden, overnight is best.