Cheesecake has a reputation for being notoriously hard to make. This refreshing cheesecake changes that! Simple and straightforward, this recipe is based on nuts and dates so you can indulge and stay healthy. Dates give this dessert a rich sweetness, while the blackberries and lemon balance it with a fruity and citrusy flavors.
Blackberry Lemon Lavender Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Crust:
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dates, soaked (reserve 1 tablespoon of date-soaking water)
- 1 pinch sea salt
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 cups cashews, soaked 8 or more hours
- 1 cup frozen blackberries
- Juice and zest of a lemon
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried lavender (omit this if you can’t find any)
- 3 tablespoons non-dairy milk
To Make the Crust:
- Throw the nuts into your food processor and grind until finely chopped.
- Remove your dates from the soaking water (be sure to reserve 1 tablespoon), pit them and add them to the food processor along with the tablespoon of water and pinch of salt). Pulse until well combined.
- Grease a 6-inch springform pan with a bit of coconut oil and press your date/nut mixture in firmly and evenly. Put this in the freezer while you make your filling.
To Make the Filling:
- Add everything except the non-dairy milk to your food processor and process adding splashes of milk until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Remove your crust from the freezer and pour this mixture evenly onto the crust. Freeze at least 4 hours to harden, overnight is best.