A delicious soup made with black eyed peas that is the perfect way to warm up this winter!
Black Eyed Pea Soup [Vegan]
- 8 3/4 ounces black eyed peas
- 3 1/2 ounces onion, ground in blender
- 3 1/2 ounces carrot, ground in blender
- 4 cloves garlic, melted
- 8 3/4 ounces tomato juice
- half a bunch of fennel
- 2 ounces rice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Soak the black eyed peas for 2 hours. Then rinse and boil for 20 minutes.
- Discard the water and then re-add them with new hot water along with the onion, carrot, garlic and fennel.
- After boiling, add the rice with the tomato, garlic powder and paprika. When ready, add the oil and salt and pepper.