This black bean burger recipe is so simple, it’s almost embarrassing. You can whip these up in literally just minutes. They hold together well, so stick them on a bun and load it up with your favorite toppings. Serve them with these Crispy Potato Rounds and you’ve got yourself a meal!
Black Bean Salsa Burger and Crispy Potato Rounds [Vegan]
- 1 can organic black beans (or 2 cups cooked dry beans)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup brown rice flour (or whole wheat flour, oat flour, bread crumbs, etc)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp your favorite salsa
- 1 tbsp oil (olive oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil)
- 2 large baking potatoes, sliced thin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Mash black beans in a bowl with a fork or potato masher.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Depending on how liquid your salsa is, you may need to add more flour. Add it one tbsp at a time if needed, mixing after each addition. Likewise, if your mixture seems dry, add 1 tbsp more of salsa at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Divide mixture into 4 sections. Form each section into a patty and place on a large plate.
- Refrigerate plate of burger patties for about 20 minutes. This step is OPTIONAL, but does help the mixture set and stay together. If you don't have time for this, skip it; your burgers will be just fine!
- Heat oil in pan on medium heat.
- Pan fry each burger patty for 3-4 minutes each side until lightly browned and crispy on the outside.
- Assemble burger on bun with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray
- Spread potatoes evenly on baking sheet trying not to overlap
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, turning the potato rounds over 1/2 way through, until crisp.