Looking for something quick, easy, and filling? Look no further than this casserole. Spaghetti squash noodles are mixed with vegan feta, black beans, savory tomatoes, and spinach, then baked until warm and bubbly. Serve on its own or with bread on the side.
Black Bean and Spaghetti Squash Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Black Bean and Spaghetti Squash Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 small spaghetti squash
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach, julienned
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/3 cup vegan feta cheese
- 1 vegan egg (1 tablespoon ground flax seeds, plus 3 tablespoons water)
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
How to Prepare Black Bean and Spaghetti Squash Casserole [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Cut spaghetti squash in half. Fill a pan with a 1/2 inch of water and place the squash halves cut side down. Bake for 30 minutes at 375ºF or until soft. Let cool and scrap insides of squash out with a fork. It will look like long spaghetti noodles. Squeeze out the noodles a bit if they are very watery.
- In a bowl, add remaining ingredients to the squash and mix well so that the squash isn't clumped up.
- Bake at 375ºF for 30 minutes or until the top is crispy.
Total Calories: 487 | Total Carbs: 85 g | Total Fat: 7 g | Total Protein: 25 g | Total Sodium: 1164 g | Total Sugar: 18 g Per Serving: Calories: 244 | Carbs: 43 g | Fat: 4 g | Protein: 13 g | Sodium: 582 mg | Sugar: 9 g
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.