This beautiful raw blueberry lemon cheesecake is not only delicious, it's nutritious! It's packed with antioxidant-packed blueberries and tangy lemon and set atop a crust of pecans and, dates, and coconut. These are a vibrant addition to any summer dessert table.
Bite-Size Raw Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
For the Filling:
- 3 cups cashews
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk or cream
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1-2 tablespoons blueberry powder
- Juice from 1–1 1/2 lemons
- Place all the base ingredients into a food processor and run until well-combined. You want the mixture to be slightly sticky but not too fine. A little bit of crunch is good.
- Press the base mixture in the bottom of a cake tin.
- Place cashews, coconut cream, coconut oil, rice malt syrup, and vanilla and run until very smooth. Remove half of the filling from the mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add blueberry powder into the food processor with the remaining filling and blend. Pour the blueberry filling over the base. Sprinkle 1 cup of blueberries on top, leaving 1/4 cup for decorating. Pop the cake in the freezer.
- Give the food processor bowl a quick rinse. Add lemon juice for the rest of the filling and blend. Once the blueberry filling has set enough to touch. Pour the lemon filling on top. Let it set for few hours in the freezer.
- After the cake is set, cut and decorate with blueberries and more blueberry powder, if you'd like.