These vegan tarts are all fruit and the crust is nut-free, made from only dried dates, raisins and figs. The filling is banana cream and obviously the topping is simply sliced strawberries and kiwi. I added chia to the banana cream because chia is a rock star (or should I say... RAW star? Eh? Eh!? Alright fine, I won't). These are absolutely bursting with color, flavor, and life. I ate two of them all by myself while photographing. I've got a tough life, what can I say? Go ahead and use whatever fresh fruits you have, and top these off with little goodies like cacao, goji berries, or coconut flakes. They are best enjoyed in the sunshine, with your friends, family, and animal buddies.
Berry Fruit Tarts With Chia Seeds [Vegan]
For the Crust:
- 1/4 cup dates
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup dried figs
For the Filling:
- 1-2 bananas
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
For the Topping:
- 3/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 3/4 cup chopped kiwi
To Make the Crust:
- Put all the ingredients in your food processor and pulse until everything is in small pieces that stick together - don't process to much or it will get too sticky.
- Press into three lined tart tins. Put in the refrigerator.
To Make the Filling:
- Mush the banana with fork and then add the chia seeds.
- Take the crusts gently out of the tins.
- Spread the banana chia mix into the crusts and then top off with the fruit.
- Chia Seeds