Vegan red velvet chocolate chip bars are gooey, rich, and get their pretty, subtle color from a vegetable! Made with just a few healthy ingredients, they’re gluten-free and naturally sweet.
Beet Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Bars [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup date paste or 15 medjool dates blended with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup of the paste
- 1/2 cup whole grain gluten-free rolled oats, ground into flour
- 3 tablespoons beet juice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the chickpeas and almond milk until totally smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpea puree, date paste, and oat flour until thoroughly combined.
- Add the beet juice and stir (feel free to use less if you aren't worried about the color!).
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and pour the batter into a square nonstick or parchment-lined pan.
- Bake the bars for 50 minutes, then let them cool for about 30 minutes in the pan. They will firm up as they cool!