This decadent cake is augmented by the earthy flavor of beets and topped with a smooth and creamy chocolate mousse layer that makes these slices the ultimate chocolate dessert. And while you will have to have a bit of patience while waiting for the cake to set, there is relatively little prep work involved so once you pop it in the refrigerator, you can go out, live your life, and come home to a tasty treat.
Beet and Chocolate Mousse Cake [Vegan Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Beet and Chocolate Mousse Cake [Vegan Gluten-Free]
For the Beet Base:
- 1 heaping cup beet, peeled and chopped
- 1 1-inch slice creamed coconut, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar
- Seeds from 1-inch piece of a vanilla bean
- 2/3 cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons golden flax flour
- 1/2 teaspoon psyllium husk
For the Mousse:
- 1 package silken tofu, drained
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
How to Prepare Beet and Chocolate Mousse Cake [Vegan Gluten-Free]
- Place all ingredients into a food processor fitted with an "S"-blade and process them until the ingredients are well combined.
- Spoon the mixture into a lined, 9x5-inch cake pan then press down the mixture with the back of a spoon. Place it in the refrigerator.
- Melt your chocolate chips and then add a 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil and vanilla.
- Stir the mixture together until coconut oil is melted.
- Once it's melted, place everything in a high-speed blender and blend the mixture until it's smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cream over the beet base, cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove it from the tin, slice it straight away, separate them with parchment paper so they don’t stick together, and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 2806 | Total Carbs: 323 g | Total Fat: 138 g | Total Protein: 84 g | Total Sodium: 192 g | Total Sugar: 128 g Per Serving: Calories: 351 | Carbs: 40 g | Fat: 17 g | Protein: 11 g | Sodium: 24 mg | Sugar: 16 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.