Can you believe these Beer-Battered Artichoke Hearts are made with only three ingredients ... and that you probably already have all of them in your pantry right now? If so, what are you waiting for?! They're decadent, delicious, and taken to the next level with a creamy dipping sauce (also just three ingredients!).
Beer-Battered Artichoke Hearts [Vegan]
For the Artichokes:
- 32-ounce bottle canola oil for frying
- 2 14-ounce cans of whole artichoke hearts packed in water
- 1 cup organic unbleached white flour
- 1 cup beer
- Salt/pepper, to taste
For the Dipping Sauce:
- 1/2 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Handful of chives, chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- Fill a heavy pot with the whole bottle of canola oil. Heat the oil to 375°F.
- Drain artichokes and pat dry, squeezing slightly any remaining water. Place them on a paper towel so it absorbs the water.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour and beer. Add salt and pepper.
- Once oil is ready, dip artichoke hearts in batter and place in oil. Let them fry 3-5 minutes. Flipping them over if need be. Place 4 to 5 artichokes at a time as not to overcrowd my pot. Repeat process until all artichoke hearts are fried.
- Place fried artichoke hearts on a plate lined with a paper towel. This will grab any dripping oil.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- For the dipping sauce, mix all ingredients together well. Season with salt and pepper as desired.