These Banana Nut Protein Bars make a super tasty and satisfying snack or dessert, yet they’re healthy enough to eat for breakfast!
Banana Nut Protein Bars [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Banana Nut Protein Bars [Vegan]
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup natural drippy peanut butter (or nut/seed butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup rice or date syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup hemp hearts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mixed nuts and seeds (such as walnuts, almonds, pecans, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds)
- 1/2 cup sugar-free chocolate chips, plus additional for topping (optional)
How to Prepare Banana Nut Protein Bars [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a 9x9” baking dish with parchment.
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together the banana, peanut or nut/seed butter, syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt.
- Add quinoa flakes, protein powder, hemp hearts, and coconut, and stir to combine. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan. Spread out evenly, smooth the top, and sprinkle with additional chocolate chips as desired.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting into bars.
These bars can be made with your choice of nut butter, tahini, sunflower seed butter, or a combination. If you don’t have quinoa flakes, protein powder, hemp hearts, and/or shredded coconut, you can substitute ground oats. Simply put rolled oats into a food processor or blender and grind a few times (so smaller flakes but still some texture maintained). Banana Nut Protein Bars can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days, in the fridge for a week, or frozen for up to 2 months.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.