Soft and fluffy banana muffins get a caffeine boost from coffee in these gluten-free and Vegan Banana Coffee Muffins.
Banana Coffee Muffins [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 tablespoon ground flax + 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee, room temperature
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, soft
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon coffee extract
- cacao nibs, for topping [optional]
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with liners.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ground flax and water, mashed bananas, cooled coffee, coconut oil, maple syrup and coffee extract.
- Add the oat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and sea salt and mix until no lumps remain. Taste and add more maple syrup, if desired.
- Fill each muffin tin 3/4 way full. Sprinkle with cacao nibs, if desired.
- Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.