This banana bread pudding is the creamiest, sweetest and yummiest way to use up leftover bread. Seriously - bananas and peanut butter? How could that POSSIBLY go wrong? Bonus points: This banana bread pudding is extremely budget-friendly!
Banana Bread Pudding [Vegan]
- 7 ounces whole grain spelt bread, cubed (or a gluten free alternative)
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or another sweetener
- 1 teaspoon ground flax seeds
- 2 bananas, cut into thick slices
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- More maple syrup, for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Divide into ramekins and bake for about 20 minutes, until golden on top.
- Time varies depending on the oven and ramekin size used.
- Serve hot or cold and drizzle with maple syrup, if you like.