You can make this banana bread into a loaf or into muffins but either way, you are going to fall in love. It is so moist and fluffy with just the right amount of rich banana flavor and sweetness. Also, feel free to add in your favorites - chocolate chips, coconut flakes, raisins, walnuts - whatever you want!
Banana Bread Muffins [Vegan]
12 muffins or one 5" x 9" loaf
- 2 large (3 small) ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground flax meal
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- coconut oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a muffin or loaf pan with coconut oil (spray).
- Prepare a "flax egg": mix 1 tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoons filtered water. Let sit 5 minutes, stir again before adding to the mix.
- Mash the banana and mix together with coconut oil. Add the baking soda, salt, sugar, extracts and flax egg. Stir in the flour until well combined (mix may be lumpy). Fold in any optional mix-ins.
- Pour batter into a loaf pan or fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake muffins 25-30 minutes, or a loaf 50-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove to a cooling rack.