These mushrooms are incredibly satisfying and rich in flavor. Although there are many flavor options for making roasted mushrooms, these ones are tangy, flavorful, and perfect on top of a salad or veggie bowl!
Balsamic Roasted Garlic Mushrooms [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1-pound white bottom mushrooms, washed and stems trimmed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced or finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 splash of lemon juice (optional)
- 1 healthy pinch of salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Put the mushrooms in a bowl, add the oil, garlic, vinegar, tamari, and spices. Combine well until all mushrooms are coated.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a baking paper-lined pan and roast for 20 to 25 minutes until ready. Just before serving, splash the mushrooms with a bit of lemon juice.
- There will be quite some liquid left from the mushrooms. Don’t throw it out! Save it for later because it’s a great plant-based seasoning sauce for almost any savory dish.