There’s no need for takeout when you’re armed with this recipe. Baked tofu is dredged in a spicy sauce that can be whipped up in an instant. You might be tempted to double the topping!
Baked Tofu with Spicy Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Tofu with Spicy Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups tahini
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- Fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
How to Prepare Baked Tofu with Spicy Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the rice to a saucepan and cover with 3 cups water. Cover, bring to a boil, and turn down heat. Cook covered for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Place the tofu cubes on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook for 10 more minutes. Set aside.
- While the tofu is baking, make the sauce: Add tahini, tamari, 1/2 cup water, rice vinegar, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and sriracha to a saucepan. Mix well and heat through until hot and creamy.
- Toss in prepared tofu and serve hot over rice. Garnish with the thyme, if desired.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Per Serving: Calories: 639 | Carbs: 86 g | Fat: 25 g | Protein: 20 g | Sodium: 817 mg | Sugar: 13 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.