There’s no need for takeout when you’re armed with this recipe. Baked tofu is dredged in a spicy sauce that can be whipped up in an instant. You might be tempted to double the topping!
Baked Tofu with Spicy Tahini Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu, drained, pressed, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups tahini
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- Fresh thyme, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the rice to a saucepan and cover with 3 cups water. Cover, bring to a boil, and turn down heat. Cook covered for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Place the tofu cubes on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook for 10 more minutes. Set aside.
- While the tofu is baking, make the sauce: Add tahini, tamari, 1/2 cup water, rice vinegar, maple syrup, ginger, garlic, and sriracha to a saucepan. Mix well and heat through until hot and creamy.
- Toss in prepared tofu and serve hot over rice. Garnish with the thyme, if desired.
Per Serving: Calories: 639 | Carbs: 86 g | Fat: 25 g | Protein: 20 g | Sodium: 817 mg | Sugar: 13 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile