These baked spinach falafels are crispy outside and soft inside, just how they should be! You only need 5 main ingredients and 4 spices and they take less than 30 minutes to prepare. They’re free from gluten, grains, dairy, eggs, and soy, making them a super allergy-friendly food!
Baked Spinach Falafel With Tzatziki and Lemon Tahini Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Spinach Falafel With Tzatziki and Lemon Tahini Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked for 8-24 hours, not cooked
- 1/2 small onion, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, grated or chopped
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro or parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander, ground
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unrefined avocado oil (+ 1 tablespoon to grease the dish)
- 1/4 cup organic plain dairy-free yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill (or 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
For the Tzatziki:
How to Prepare Baked Spinach Falafel With Tzatziki and Lemon Tahini Sauce [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a parchment paper-lined baking dish with a tablespoon of avocado oil.
- Add all falafel ingredients to a food processor and pulse until they turn into a fine crumble.
- Scoop out 2 tablespoons of the batter, form into a patty and place on the greased baking dish. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden on top and around the edges. Flip them half-way through if needed.
- Serve with tzatziki over gluten-free or sprouted grain tortilla, pita bread, or a collard leaf with a drizzle of lemon tahini sauce, sauerkraut, pickled onions, greens, tomatoes, etc. Store leftovers in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze in an air-tight container for months.
Use dried soaked chickpeas, not canned. If using canned, your falafels will be too wet and mushy. If you’re measuring chickpeas after they’ve been soaked overnight and already expanded, you would need 2 and 3/4 cups. If you modify the ingredients and the batter is not sticking together, add 1 tablespoon of chickpea flour or more as needed.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Per Serving: Calories: 217 | Carbs: 43 g | Fat: 8 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 86 mg | Sugar: 3 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.