This baked mushroom polenta is an excellent dish to bring to all of your holiday potlucks and parties! Everyone will love the crispy crust and tender, veggie-packed insides.
Baked Veggie-Packed Mushroom Polenta [Vegan]
- 1 cup polenta
- 4 cups water
- 2 pinches salt
- 1/2 -2/3 cup onions
- 3 spring onions
- Wild garlic (optional)
- 2 cups mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons of shoyu
- Salt and Chili powder to taste
- 1/2 cup soy cream
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350℉. If you can, put your oven in ventilating mode, it's better for the crust.
- Boil 4 cups of water. When boiling, add 2 pinches of salt and stir with a wooden spoon to create a vortex, then slowly pour in 1 cup polenta, stirring while pouring it in.
- Keep stirring until the polenta starts boiling. Cover with a tight lid and cook on the lowest flame for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the veggies.
- Sauté onions with olive oil and a pinch of salt until slightly wilted. Add mushrooms. Season with shoyu, freshly ground pepper and chili.
- Sauté for another minute or so; add spring onions or wild garlic if using. When veggies are almost done (it will take maybe another 2 minutes), add soy cream (or the alternative) and lemon juice, then cooked polenta and season to taste with more salt, shoyu and spices. You may also add another teaspoon of olive oil.
- Transfer into a dish or pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for about 15 minutes until the golden crust forms.
- Leave it to slightly set and cool so you can cut it into wedges more neatly.
- Store the leftovers in the fridge up to two days.