Less fat, more flavor — these tender, baked artichoke crab cakes are chock full of corn, bits of vegetables, and all the seafood flavor you love, nestled under a light, crispy crust. The most difficult parts of this recipe are the pulsing of the artichokes and the chopping of a few veggies. Not tough at all.
Baked Artichoke ‘Crab’ Cakes [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Tartar Sauce:
- 1/3 cup vegan mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons coarse ground, prepared mustard
For the Crab Cakes:
- 2 15-ounce cans of artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed gluten-free crackers
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup chopped vegetable mixture (red cabbage, red onion, and bell pepper)
- A handful of chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Coconut oil, for greasing baking sheet
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Mix tartar sauce ingredients and set aside; pulse the artichoke hearts a few times in a food processor to a crabmeat-like texture, but not puréed.
- Into a large bowl, stir in artichoke hearts, bread crumbs, green onions, corn kernels, vegetables, parsley, Old Bay, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; stir until just combined. Dorm into cakes and place onto coconut oil-greased baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve topped with tartar sauce.