This is a great vegan alternative to cheese. It has the texture and flavor of the real feta, and is perfect for appetizer and as accompaniment to any dish where you would use feta cheese. Almond flour provides plenty of proteins and healthy fats, so no additional oil is needed. This cheese was one of our testers' favorites.
Baked Almond Feta [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
3. Put a small strainer over a bowl and line it with two or three layers of cheesecloth. Spoon the mixture into a cheesecloth, bring all the sides of the cheesecloth together and tie into a ball, or use the rubber band. Place in the fridge and let drain for at least 12 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 356ºF. Unwrap the cheese and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until slightly golden and cracked on top.
5. Allow to cool completely before serving or using in a recipe.