This is a great vegan alternative to cheese. It has the texture and flavor of the real feta, and is perfect for appetizer and as accompaniment to any dish where you would use feta cheese. Almond flour provides plenty of proteins and healthy fats, so no additional oil is needed. This cheese was one of our testers' favorites.
Baked Almond Feta [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Baked Almond Feta [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 teaspoons pink Himalayan salt
How to Prepare Baked Almond Feta [Vegan]
1. Prepare the ingredients.
2. Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides if needed.
3. Put a small strainer over a bowl and line it with two or three layers of cheesecloth. Spoon the mixture into a cheesecloth, bring all the sides of the cheesecloth together and tie into a ball, or use the rubber band. Place in the fridge and let drain for at least 12 hours or overnight.
4. Preheat the oven to 356ºF. Unwrap the cheese and place it on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until slightly golden and cracked on top.
5. Allow to cool completely before serving or using in a recipe.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.