In addition to having a delicious smoky flavor, this spread recipe is a healthy snack option! It’s low fat, low calorie as well as being high in nutrients. Plus, this roasted eggplant and bell pepper dip is a good source of vitamin C, calcium, potassium and iron. If you need a little boost of energy in the middle of the afternoon, try this vegan snack idea!
Baba Ghanoush Dip [Vegan]
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bell pepper (preferably red, orange or yellow for additional sweetness)
- 2 tablespoon of tahini
- 2 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 clove of garlic
- sodium free salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Fresh Italian parley, chopped, to garnish
- Cut the eggplant and the bell pepper in half lengthwise. Remove the ribs and seeds from the bell pepper.
- Brush the sides of the veggies with oil.
- Heat the BBQ to medium-high heat. Place the veggies on the grill and close the lid. Cook until the veggies are marked, turn and grill for another 5 minutes.
- Scoop out the eggplant flesh and put in a blender. Add the bell pepper, tahini, lemon juice and garlic. Season with sodium free salt and pepper to taste.
- Blend until smooth.
- Garnish with fresh Italian parsley and serve with your favorite vegetables!