We all know how stress can take the life out of us! This is the time to slow down, take time to rest, enjoy nature, and savor warm, soothing soups! The combination of mung beans and spinach in this detox soup recipe makes it a protein-rich, nutritiously dense, and balanced meal. When we eat according to our body constitution and in tune with the changing seasons, the natural outcome is detoxification and feeling healthier. So make this detox soup recipe! Your body will thank you.
Ayurvedic Spinach-Mung Detox Soup [Vegan]
- 1-2 teaspoon unrefined sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon date paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon/lime juice
- 2 tablespoons nut paste (pumpkin seeds and walnuts)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup chopped leeks or onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup cooked yellow split mung beans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2-4 cups water or vegetable broth
- Take a stock pot, add the oil and saute the chopped veggies along with all the seasonings except spinach. Sauté for 5-10 minutes. Now, add the spinach and water to the mixture. Sauté for few more minutes. At the end add the mung beans and simmer until everything is well incorporated.
- Blend to a soup like consistency. When ready to serve, garnish with parsley and tomatoes. Small cubed avocados go well with this soup.