We all know how stress can take the life out of us! This is the time to slow down, take time to rest, enjoy nature, and savor warm, soothing soups! The combination of mung beans and spinach in this detox soup recipe makes it a protein-rich, nutritiously dense, and balanced meal. When we eat according to our body constitution and in tune with the changing seasons, the natural outcome is detoxification and feeling healthier. So make this detox soup recipe! Your body will thank you.
Ayurvedic Spinach-Mung Detox Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Ayurvedic Spinach-Mung Detox Soup [Vegan]
- 1-2 teaspoon unrefined sesame oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon date paste
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2-1 teaspoon crushed black pepper
- A pinch of red chili flakes (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon/lime juice
- 2 tablespoons nut paste (pumpkin seeds and walnuts)
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup chopped leeks or onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup cooked yellow split mung beans
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2-4 cups water or vegetable broth
How to Prepare Ayurvedic Spinach-Mung Detox Soup [Vegan]
- Take a stock pot, add the oil and saute the chopped veggies along with all the seasonings except spinach. Sauté for 5-10 minutes. Now, add the spinach and water to the mixture. Sauté for few more minutes. At the end add the mung beans and simmer until everything is well incorporated.
- Blend to a soup-like
- consistency. When ready to serve, garnish with parsley and tomatoes. Small cubed avocados go well with this soup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 854 | Total Carbs: 83 g | Total Fat: 30 g | Total Protein: 35 g | Total Sodium: 350 g | Total Sugar: 27 g (Per Serving) Calories: 285 | Carbs: 28 g | Fat: 10 g | Protein: 12 g | Sodium: 117 g | Sugar: 9 g Nutritional information does not include paste.Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.