According to Ayurveda, it’s not a coincidence rose is associated with love and caring. It balances the sadhaka pitta that governs the emotions of the heart; it’s cooling in nature and is balancing for all three doshas. This smoothie is very simple to make and you’ll be surprised the combination of pumpkins seeds mixed with rose brings out a soothing flavor that excites your taste buds! It’s definitely a treat to make and share with your loved ones.
Ayurvedic Rose Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 cup soaked pumpkin Seeds (you can use any nuts/seeds you like)
- 2-3 tbsp rose jam (recipe below)
- Few strands of saffron
- pinch of cardamom powder
- 1-2 drops vanilla essence (optional)
- Water as needed (to make the smoothie consistency)
- 1 cup organic rose petals
- approx 4-6 tbsp date syrup/ Jaggery/Natural Whole Food Sweetener
- Water if using the cooking method
- For the raw, more authentic version, you basically add the rose petals and the sweetener in a glass jar and shake it well. Keep it in the sun for about 1-2 weeks stirring daily. This will be nicely sun-cooked and is very rich and robust in flavor.
- For the cooked version (which is simpler and much faster) you take a stock pot add the rose petals and the sweetener and cook it on a very low flame for about 15-20 mins, adding water as needed, making sure the petals are not getting burned.
- First blend the pumpkin seeds with some water and later add all the remaining ingredients and blend away to nice smoothie consistency.