Better than grilled cheese, this ooey-gooey gluten-free lunch is filling and delicious, thanks to the creamy pumpkin and avocado. Plus, don't caramelized onions just make everything better?
Avocado Pumpkin Panini With Caramelized Onions [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
Ingredients You Need for Avocado Pumpkin Panini With Caramelized Onions [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 medium yellow onion, sliced into rounds
- 2 slices gluten-free bread
- 2 tablespoons pureed pumpkin
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced into strips
How to Prepare Avocado Pumpkin Panini With Caramelized Onions [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil until glistening over medium heat. Add onions and saute about 12 minutes until they start to brown.
- In the meantime, spread one side of each slice of bread with the remaining 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- On one of the slices, spread pumpkin puree on the non-oiled side.
- When onions are cooked, remove skillet from heat and transfer onions to sit on top of the pumpkin.
- Place avocado atop the onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then place the other piece of bread on top, oiled-side up.
- Turn the stove back on, return the skillet to the burner.
- Cook sandwich on medium heat, about 2 minutes per side, using a pot lid or a smaller heavy skillet to press the sandwich down into a "panini."
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 522 | Total Carbs: 35 g | Total Fat: 37 g | Total Protein: 10 g | Total Sodium: 159 mg | Total Sugar: 2 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.