This dish is quick, easy, affordable, can be made in bulk, cut into smaller pieces for more bite size portions with entertaining, it’s crispy, crunchy, tastes just like the traditional recipe, it’s good for any season, you can air fry if desired (outside will look a lil different), the dipping sauce brings the heat to tie the flavors together, and the dipping sauce can be used for countless other dishes! If you love all things avocados or are obsessed with the restaurant version, you have to try these new vegan Avocado Egg Rolls with Jalapeño Ranch!
Avocado Egg Rolls [Vegan]
For the Vegan Egg Rolls:
- 3 large avocados (peeled, pitted, & diced)
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Vegan Egg roll wraps
For the Jalapeno Ranch:
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, gently mash the avocados, diced sun-dried tomatoes, diced jalapeño, diced red onion and finely chopped cilantro. using with a fork or potato masher.
- Now add the lime juice, salt, and pepper, to taste, and gently toss to combine.
- Place a small cup of water at your station. Working one at a time, place avocado mixture in the near a corner of the wrapper. (I've also seen people lay in the middle) Wet your fingertips with water and dab the edges of each wrapper.
- Bring the bottom edge of the wrapper tightly over the filling, folding in the sides. Continue rolling until the top of the wrapper is reached. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrapper again with water, pressing to seal. Repeat with remaining wrappers and avocado mixture.
- Working in batches, add egg rolls to the pan and fry until evenly golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Serve with the Jalapeño Ranch Dressing.
- Jalapeño Ranch: Throw everything in a food processor and blend until smooth.