Move over buns, avocados are holding our patties now. These black bean burgers are sandwiched in between two ripe avocado halves and then topped with salsa and salad greens. These burgers are absolutely delicious.
Avocado Bun Black Bean Burgers [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Drain the liquid from the black beans, wash and place them into a food processor, and blend them until paste-like.
- Place the pepper, onion, garlic cloves, salt, pepper, and garlic granules into a food processor and blend them until they're combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the black bean mixture and bread crumbs and mix it well.
- Form the mixture into burgers and place them onto the lined baking tray.
- Bake them for 10 minutes on each side.
- Slice an avocado in half and twist.
- Carefully cut around the stone and remove it.
- Peel the skin from the avocados and place them on a plate.
- Drizzle some lime over the avocados to keep them fresh.
- Once the burgers are cooked, carefully remove them from the oven and place onto the avocados, along with some fresh salad, tomatoes, and tomato salsa.