We've all heard about the glory of ice cream makers when it comes to making a homemade version of the beloved frozen treat. This recipe makes the process even easier! This avocado basil ice cream requires no churning and results in a sweet, creamy, and super addicting dessert. The avocado is so creamy that no cream is even required!
Avocado Basil Ice Cream [Vegan]
- 2 avocados, cut into cubes and frozen
- 8 basil leaves
- 1/2-3/4 cup maple syrup or raw agave
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until smooth. You can let the frozen avocado soften at room temperature for a few minutes if you don't have a very strong food processor.
- Adjust sweetness to taste, you might want to use more than the 1/2 cup of sweetener if you prefer sweeter treats.
- Serve right away at soft serve consistency or transfer to a container and freeze. Let thaw slightly on the counter before scooping the ice cream out and serving.