This vegan Asparagus, Tomato & Tofu Quiche recipe is meat-free, dairy-free and perfect to pack for a picnic or bring to a garden party. It's made with a super creamy, high protein tofu filling and with a gluten-free oat and almond base. A delicious, summery dish!
Asparagus, Tomato & Tofu Quiche [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Asparagus, Tomato & Tofu Quiche [Vegan]
For the Quiche Base:
- 1 1/2 cups ground almonds
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free butter or coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons aquafaba
- 1-3 tablespoons dairy-free milk
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon veggie rub spice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Tofu Quiche Filling:
- 17.6 oz (500g) firm organic tofu, chopped
- 5-6 tablespoons dairy-free milk of choice
- One leek, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 handfuls spinach
- Large handful fresh basil, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- Pinch chilli flakes (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Bunch asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
How to Prepare Asparagus, Tomato & Tofu Quiche [Vegan]
- Start by making your base. Preheat your oven to 180C, then lightly grease a loose-bottomed tart tin.
- Stir together all ingredients for the base until well combined. Add a touch more milk, if needed, to make the mixture stick together as a 'dough'. Press firmly into the base of the tart tin, working the dough up the sides. Prick dough all over with a fork, then place in the oven to bake for 10-13 minutes, or until lightly golden.
- Make your filling by blending together the tofu and milk until smooth, but not runny - the mixture needs to be thick. Set aside.
- Add a splash of oil to a large frying pan and heat. Add in the leek and garlic and fry, stirring often, for a few minutes. Add in the spinach and basil and cook until the spinach has wilted. Stir in the tofu mixture, along with the Nutritional Yeast, chilli flakes and oregano. Stir and heat until well combined. Season to taste.
- Spoon the tofu mixture over your cooked base, smoothing down with the back of a spoon. Press the asparagus and tomato halves into the quiche, then place in the oven to bake for around 30 minutes, or until the quiche is firm on top. Allow to stand for five or so minutes - or until completely cool - before slicing and enjoying.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.