These are incredibly easy to make and taste amazing. I served them today with a cashew cream, but they would be good with almost anything – guacamole or a tomato salsa or vegan mayo. Hope you like them as much as I do.
Artichoke Chickpea Patties With Cashew Thyme Cream [Vegan]
- 1 cup cashew nuts, soaked in water
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cans of chickpeas, rinsed
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jar of artichoke hearts (approximately 8.5 ounces)
- 2 tbsp thyme (if your artichokes are already flavored in a marinade, use half the thyme)
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup almond flour (or other gluten free flour)
- Turn the oven to 350 degrees. Place the cashew nuts for the cashew cream in soaking water.
- Place all patty ingredients apart from the almond flour in a pan and fry for a few minutes on medium heat while stirring. Then remove from the stove, add the almond flour and mix it all together using a hand-blender. You will get a sticky dough, perfect for creating burger shaped patties using your hands. Place them on a baking paper in a baking tray, and place in the oven. Bake for approximately 30 minutes, until a little crusty on top. They shouldn't be completely firm/dry throughout as then they will feel dry.
- In the meantime, make the cashew cream. Remove the soaking water from the cashew nuts. Using a hand blender, mix it together thoroughly with all the other ingredients and place in the fridge while waiting for the patties.
- Take the patties from the oven, serve with a generous serving of the cashew cream and some vegetables (I like it with a tomato and avocado salad, like in the photo).