This isn't a raw rice dish, but rather raw cauliflower taking the shape of rice. Cauliflower "rice" is a great substitute for regular rice, or other grains in some recipes whenever you’d like a lighter, grain-free option. This dish is so easy to make and so delicious (and pretty)! The combination of all the flavors of this dish are very well balanced and who doesn’t like Mexican spices?
Arroz de Colores (Rice of Many Colors) [Vegan]
- 2 medium cauliflowers
- 4 tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1 yellow or orange bell pepper, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped fine
- 20 black olives, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chop leaves and tender stems only
- 1/4 jalapeño, chopped
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch oregano
- 1 pinch paprika
- Cut the cauliflower florets from the stem. Pulse in a food processor until they reach a fine consistency (similar to rice) and place on trays. Dehydrate for 1 hour at 107°F or place in the oven at the lowest possible temperature.
- Mix all ingredients in bowl.
- Mix 3/4 of the vegetables with the cauliflower
- Serve on plates and garnish with remaining vegetables.