A classic rice dish made vegan! This comforting and delicious meal will be a new staple meal in your house, with tasty rice and sauce covered in breadcrumbs.
- 1 cup carnaroli rice
- Half an onion, chopped
- 1/8 cup peas
- 3 tablespoons vegan tomato sauce
- Breadcrumbs to cover rice balls
- 3/4 cup rice flour
- Water to taste
- Salt to taste
- Saffron to taste
- Vegetable broth to taste
- Peanut oil to fry
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Boil the peas in a little salt water. Chop the onion thin and let it cook in the olive oil.
- Toast the rice in the sautéed onion, then add the hot stock a little at a time and prepare a risotto al dente (but not too well-cooked). Finally add the saffron, mix well, and allow the risotto to cool.
- Pour the breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Prepare the batter by mixing the rice flour with the water (it must be the consistency of the batter for frying).
- With wet hands, take a handful of rice, spread a little on the palm so as to form a cavity where to put a little vegan sauce and some peas. Close the rice by forming a ball and compacting it well. Cover it with the batter of water and rice. To make this easier, use a small ladle to I pour the batter over the arancino resting on a plate, turning it a bit to get it covered completely.
- Roll in breadcrumbs. Continue this process until all the ingredients are gone.
- Heat the peanut oil and fry the arancini until they are golden. Let them dry on paper towels and serve warm.
There is no need to add special flours to bind it the rice, just press it well once it is filled with the sauce.