Say “hello” to these gorgeous seven-ingredient stuffed apples. They’re so dang flavorful, it makes me want to do my “happy dance” around the kitchen. Can you blame me? I mean, is there anything better than a warm, cinnamon-y apple with a crunchy, maple-spiked granola topping? Answer: no. There absolutely is not.
Apple Pie Stuffed Apples [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Apple Pie Stuffed Apples [Vegan]
- 3 medium apples, divided
- 1 lemon slice
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- Tiny pinch salt
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
How to Prepare Apple Pie Stuffed Apples [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 375°F.
- Cut the top off of two of the apples, and scoop out the filling with a small spoon/mellon-baller/measuring spoon. Be sure you don't poke through the apple skin. You can discard the core, but save any chunks that are purely apple flesh. Rub the tops with the lemon slice.
- Dice the remaining apple in bite-sized chunks. You can peel it if you'd like, but I didn't bother.
- Add diced apple (and any apple flesh from the first two apples) to a small pot with 1 tablespoon maple syrup, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, salt, and any remaining juice from the lemon slice. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, and cook, stirring every minute or so, until apples are tender. Set aside.
- Melt coconut oil in a small bowl. Add rolled oats, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon maple syrup. Mix until all of the oats are wet. Set aside.
- Stuff the two hollowed-out apples with the apple pie filling, filling to the top. Top with the crunchy granola topping.
- Bake apples in an oven-safe bowl or pot for 15-20 minutes, or until apples are tender yet still retain their shape.
- Serve each apple on a plate. Vegan vanilla ice cream ... optional?
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.