Have holiday leftovers taking up all the space in your fridge? No worries! You may be tired of using leftovers for dinner, so change it up and incorporate them into your breakfast instead in this delicious Apple Parsnip Oatmeal With Cranberry Sauce.
Apple Parsnip Oatmeal With Cranberry Sauce [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Apple Parsnip Oatmeal With Cranberry Sauce [Vegan]
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, or water*
- 1 small parsnip, peeled
- 1/2 an apple (peeling optional)
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats*
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (or apple pie spice)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce for topping
How to Prepare Apple Parsnip Oatmeal With Cranberry Sauce [Vegan]
- Add liquid to a pot over medium high heat. Grate parsnip into the pot. For the apple, either dice or grate into the pot. (Dicing adds texture variation, but grating makes it creamier.)
- When liquid starts to boil, add oats, and reduce heat to simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice, and top with cranberry sauce and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).
You can make this with rolled or quick oats by increasing the liquid to 1 cup and the oats to 1/2 cup.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.