Thick, gooey, vegan apple cinnamon bars are the best way to use all of your sweet apples this fall! Healthy, grain-free, and naturally sweetened. These bars are too good for you to overlook in the tornado of pumpkin goodies going around.
Apple Cinnamon Bars [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup date paste (about 16 Medjool dates blended with 1 cup hot water, then measure out 1 cup paste)
- 1/2 cup banana/plantain flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1-2 medium-sized apples
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Blend the chickpeas and almond milk until completely smooth.
- In a large bowl, mix the chickpea purée, date paste, banana flour, and cinnamon until totally combined.
- Pour the batter into a non-stick square pan.
- Slice the apples thinly and place on top of the batter.
- Bake the bars for 50 minutes, until the center no longer feels gooey. Don't over-bake, they'll firm up as they cool!