These apple cider popsicles are homey and fresh, creating a wonderful balance between cozy flavors and cooling treats. They include quickly cooked spiced apples as well as a secret optional ingredient: apple cider mix. You could just pour fresh apple cider into popsicle molds and call it a day, but the apple cider mix makes it more decadent and bright.
Apple Cider Popsicles [Vegan, Grain-Free]
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, peeled and small diced
- 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar
- A pinch cinnamon
- A pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1.57 packet apple cider drink mix (optional)
- In a microwave safe dish combine the diced apple, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Microwave for 1 1/2 minutes until the apples have softened a bit. You don't want them to be mushy, just a little soft. Set them aside to cool.
- If you're using the apple cider drink mix, combine the apple cider and cinnamon in a microwave-safe liquid measuring cup, and microwave the mixture for 45-60 seconds — just until it's warm. Add the apple cider drink mix, and stir it to dissolve. If you're not using the apple cider drink mix, just combine the apple cider and cinnamon in a liquid measuring cup, but do not heat it up.
- Evenly distribute the apples among your popsicle molds. Pour the cinnamon apple cider over the apples in each mold. Carefully place the popsicles in the freezer for a few hours, or until they're completely frozen.